Cybersecurity was a major issue for government contractors last year and remains a hot button topic for 2019. As of January 1, 2018, all Department of Defense (DoD) contractors that store, process, or transmit covered defense information (CDI) are subject to DFAR 252.204-7012. The DFAR clause requires that contractors have implemented the NIST special publication 800-171 standards.
CyberSafe 360 partners with government contractors and subcontractors in a number of ways, including:
- Performing an assessment of their current security protocols to help you understand your current risk posture as compared to leading practices and the NIST 800-171 compliance requirements.
- Assisting in documenting the findings into a system security plan (SSP).
- Helping to develop and implement a plan of actions and milestones (POAM) to address any gaps.
- Review of existing policies and procedures and providing the resources to help document security controls that meet industry requirements.
- Providing CSO services for project management services to help guide them through remediation.